Friday 3 May 2013

modifying my tele

I've been meaning to make some modifications to my telecaster for a while - I wanted to make a metal scratch plate and veneer the top, and I just got round to starting over the last couple of days. Terrible photos are due to the fact I couldn't find my camera under the pile of stuff I dislodged to do this and so had to take quick snaps as I went along.

I used a zebrano veneer for the body, and stained the rear a much darker brown/black to contrast.

I still have quite a lot of work to do - I want to varnish the whole thing (oil finishing wasn't working for me) and polish the aluminium to a mirror finish...I might also apply a veneer to the headstock to match.