Thursday 3 January 2013

Second Guitar Build

I wanted to keep the finish on this guitar simple - I just put on a few coats of danish oil and then some wax polish. 

I had to use Ambrose's workshop to finish the headstock - everything I had lying around at home wasn't able to cut it effectively (as evidenced by the hack marks).

I didn't want to cut a straight up tele style headstock - I quite liked the strat style headstock on the deluxe tele, and the design I came up with was sort of in between the two. Not sure if I'm 100% settled on it, might have another go at it at some point in the future...

No comments: